- This event has passed.
September 8 @ 1:30 PM - 4:30 PMFree
We will visit the Centro Esperanza in the Barrio Medianía Alta de Loíza, where the young Center participants lead the new Program of Patrimonial Tourism and Community Service as part of a social entrepreneurial initiative that financially supports the other programs of the Center.
During this trip:
- You will be able to learn from this extraordinary group of high school leaders who combine culture, environment and community service in their work (Art and Culture, Environment, Economic Development).
- You will have the opportunity to share with the Esperanza Center’s work team through:
- a tour of heritage tourism that integrates natural interpretation with local culture.
- various service activities to the Centre such as cleaning, painting and maintenance of the courtyard, food garden and children’s play area.
- a rural immersion of deep intergenerational listening.
Recognizing this month of resilience to climate change, our journey will lead us to explore equity from the perspective of youth activism for the strengthening of the social infrastructure of their neighborhood. You shouldn’t miss it.
Check out their work.