2022 Member Onboarding
At FiPR, we are always trying to find new ways to help, support and provide value for our members. On March 15th, we hosted our first Member Onboarding Session of the year, where we explained all of our services in detail, introduced the team, showed where to register for upcoming events and answered any questions members may have.
We have also revamped our Welcome to your Membership and the Our Solutions page on our website, making the information much more accessible and easy to access. It is important for us that our members have the smoothest and easiest experience possible, so they can start enjoying all of the benefits that our Affiliates program has to offer.
Also, go ahead and watch the Onboarding meeting.
Our work is at the nexus of a network of funders and changemakers. We serve as a liaison between our network members and community-based efforts led by non-profits in Puerto Rico. We cross boundaries, link sectors, embrace risk, and leverage every tool at our disposal to create opportunities for social change on the island. As a community of local and U.S. based foundations, we think through and take action to build impactful social investment.
Get to know our team! Our team keeps growing to help create more efficient membership services. We’re here to guide you…
We connect new and established grantmakers, their trustees, and staff to each other, to their communities, and to emerging and relevant issues in Puerto Rico. We serve a diverse and vibrant membership, comprised of highly engaged philanthropic organizations.
- Annual Convening: Save the Date! Oct 19 – 21, 2022 A yearly gathering of leaders, strategists, disruptors, and innovators in the philanthropic sector come together to explore our practice as philanthropists and grantmakers. Through a series of panels, open conversations, and on-site exploration of community-based efforts, we celebrate our strengths and discuss ways to increase the positive impact of philanthropic social investment in Puerto Rico. *Save the Date! Oct 19 – 21, 2022
- Action Dialogues: We hold regular conversations with our members to strategize and lead the direction of the philanthropic ecosystem on the island. As a member, you benefit from participating in these meetings to learn and expand knowledge on topics of interest and to coordinate strategies and actions that result in higher impact for the philanthropic ecosystem. *Thursdays at 2pm (1 meeting per quarter per theme)
- Networking Events: Our events create opportunities for deep learning and to connect with other grantmakers and grantees through events that range from webinars to networking cocktails. These include:
- Member Brunches: Monthly meetups in coffee shops to learn more about members’ current projects and their priority focus. *First Thursday of every month at 8:45 a.m.
- Learning Journeys: The [Learning Journeys] are quarterly site visits that will take us to some of our community spaces that are still serving their communities in 2022. *Quarterly: next on June 23rd, 2022
Our Members Hub is the perfect space to continue conversations, share news or get feedback from other philanthropic entities who understand the work you do and keep up to date on all our events!
Want to have all our events in one place? It’s easy! Go ahead and link our members calendar to your calendar.
Don’t miss out on these member benefits we’ve rounded up just for you!
As part of ongoing efforts, we fund and develop research about the on-the-ground needs of communities in Puerto Rico. When you become a member, you receive early access to research studies that support collaborative efforts and partnerships through content that promotes social justice and equity.
Puerto Rico and U.S. based foundations partner up with FiPR for grantmaking, collaboration, capacity building, and strategic thinking in the philanthropic and non-profit sectors. Foundations can trust us with their grantmaking programs to ease the administrative burden, expand programmatic capacity, and collaborate effectively with local community and non-profit efforts.
Our goal is the constant implementation of innovative philanthropic practices that advance equity and social justice. We have on-going special projects that provide organizational and operational support for non-profits to have a voice in the creation of new philanthropic practices on the island. Through these projects, we create diverse networks of collaboration to help grow the impact of our members.
We’re excited about what we accomplished in 2021 and are confident this path will result in greater and more impactful philanthropic efforts in Puerto Rico, that will ultimately help spur the systemic changes we so urgently need to have a more just and equitable society. Check out our summary of the major accomplishments of the last year.