Identified action items for our next Dialogue sessions, while agreeing on concrete strategies that provide better access for organizations to federal reconstruction and recovery funds.
Learned about the Learning to Listen experience from the grantmakers who participated in the education cohort. In addition, we agreed on next steps discussing consensus points around public education that took place during the 2021 Annual Convening.
New coming up:
- Member Brunches: monthly meetups in coffee shops to learn more about members’ current projects and their priority focus
- Learning Journeys: quarterly site visits to learn from the edges of the system where solutions may be found
- Action Initiatives: scheduled collaborations that align and leverage agreed upon efforts
- Dialogue Sessions: quarterly online conversations to deepen our understanding of topics and our philanthropic impact
2021 Annual Convening
Thanks to all that joined us on another convening, this year focused on “Exploring Diversity to Lead Social Change”. We hosted two wonderful days of sessions on diversity, gender violence, education, anti-racism and civic engagement.
The event came to a close with an art walk and a visit to the El Gandul community in Santurce where we painted a mural and planted seeds for the community’s edible garden.
On October 15th we held our third (and very fun) Junte de Miembrxs where Fundación Flamboyan’s Carlos Rodriguez surprised us with a class on how to make El Filantroposo, a custom cocktail for the occasion.
We then played “Who whats to be a Millionaire?” where LabCultural’s Javier Hernandez tested us on our knowledge of arts and culture data.
Robusteciendo la Justicia Social (Strengthening Social Justice)
- Ayuda Legal Puerto Rico
- Centro para la Reconstrucción del Hábitat
- Fideicomiso de la Tierra del Caño Martín Peña
- FURIA – Firmes, Unidos y Resilientes con la Abogacía
- La Liga de Ciudades de Puerto Rico
- Sembrando Sentido
- UPR Resiliency Law Center
Learning to Listen + FORWARD Fund
We’ve launched a survey to learn how equity is integrated within grantmaker operations in Puerto Rico and how each organization listens to and incorporates the voices and perspectives of those served. We are excited with the responses received so far but want to hear from all grantmakers doing work on the Island.
If you haven’t participated yet, please complete the survey in order to have more information on how and to what level equity has been incorporated into our Island’s grantmaking. More than one person per entity may provide responses as this will enrich our vision on the current state of equity. The survey should take no more than 15 minutes!